Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hello, lets be friends!


Well hello there, my name is Travis Halff and I am from San Antonio, Texas. I was born January 21, 1991 and my email is thalff@trinity.edu . I went to Saint Mary’s Hall high school here in town and applied Early Decision to the University of Richmond. I went to the University of Richmond for a week, however I had to come back to San Antonio because I was having problems with my medical equipment. What medical equipment? Well now that I have drawn you in, I have Type 1 diabetes. I have had the disease since I was nine years old and have learned how to manage it over the years.


I enjoy spending time with my girlfriend Lauren, who goes to NYU, and we have been dating nearly 13 months. Other than spending time with my girlfriend, I enjoy playing tennis and basketball and am currently learning how to fence. I hope to one-day fence with swords similar to the ones used in James Bond (they electrocute you upon contact). I have a fondness for Gossip Girl and plan to model much of my adult life after that of Chuck Bass.


I’ve always been interested in computers and do not have many problems working with them. I am very interested in graphic design and was very glad to hear that it was the concentration of this class. I was in digital photography for three years at SMH and worked with Photoshop on a daily basis. I am not terribly familiar with Excel and I believe that I will have the most trouble with that. While I have not worked with Photoshop in over a year I am fairly confident that after I use it for a day or two I will be back to where I was.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Travis! We have a lot in common.Gossip Girl is my favorite show too. I also live in San Antonio! However, I'm not at all familiar with Photoshop. Good luck on your fencing goal!

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis,

    I think it is quite hilarious how much we have in common.

    1) I am from San Antonio as well!
    2) My birthday is also on the 21st, but is nine months after yours...oh.
    3)Chronic illness: I'm asthmatic so my lungs are your pancreas...um...I meant I can sympathize with the med. equipment necessities...
    4)I play tennis and love photography, but I do not have a girlfriend named Lauren.

    Can't wait to hear more crazy commonalities (and dissimilarities)!

    --Moira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travis, what a thoughtful and creative introduction! I am so glad you are in our class - I look forward to reading and seeing more of your good work this semester. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Travis! I'm from San Antonio, also. That's so cool you went to St. Mary's Hall. Did you go there for elementary school, too? I know a couple of people who went there for a little while. That's interesting you have diabetes. I don't know anyone else who does, except my grandfather, but he has Type 2. Good luck with the fencing!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete