Monday, February 22, 2010

CLT (Cool Legit Techplace)

Last class during Computer Skills we ventured to the depths of the Trinity University Library to visit the Center for Learning and Technology. What I saw and what I expected were completely different things. I did not expect the center to be equipped with Macs and PCs (both filled with software that can be very costly yet very useful), I did not expect for there to be specific areas designated to specific tasks such as editing film, and I certainly did not expect to find a fully equipped classroom available for students to use any time they need it. After reflecting on the uses of the CLT (which I have come to call the Cool Legit Techplace as I feel that describes it quite well) I can see how it would be an extremely useful asset with many of my classes, especially Computer Skills. The center has multiple computers, Macs and PCs, with Photoshop installed and ready to use. As we are just starting to deal with Photoshop in class, I predict that this center will become a very familiar location to me. It also is a quite place to do work and to use computers for projects in my other classes that may require specific software. I am very excited about all of the possible scenarios when I will get to use this useful, peaceful, and complete tech center.
See you in the CLT,
Travis "Computer Wizard" Halff

No comments:

Post a Comment