Thursday, March 4, 2010

Let's Get Googled Up

During our last class, Chris Nolan (The Assistant University Librarian) came to talk to us about finding high quality information on the web. The concentration of his presentation was Google. But the Google that Mr. Nolan showed us was far different than the Google I was expecting. Right off the bat I was introduced to new information, as I found out that Google does not retrieve information from everyone on the web; databases protected by passwords hold their information out from Google. I was most suprised by the Timeline feature, which shows users when the term they are looking up was most searched. This feature has a lot of potential and I am excited to look up some terms whenever I get free time. Overall the presentation took the most commonly used search engine and revealed features and facts about it that so many people don't know.
Sincerely,
Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment